This mostly 1950’s collection of Pubs in Bristol is partly from the H&G Simonds Archives, now held by Heineken UK, with many courtesy of Kevin Brice of ‘Lost Bristol Pubs’ – where you can often see more detail on each pub. Try his website HERE: – or see his list – Bristol Pubs List
Maybe Grosvenor Rd? The Britannia c1960
Lawrence Weston, Barrowmead Drive, The Giant Goram c1960 – still trading in 2018
Baldwin St. The Sceptre c1960
Baptist Mills, Lower Ashley Road, Bridge Inn, demolished in the 1960’s.
Bathurst Terrace, Bathurst Hotel, now the Louisiana.
Bath Street, Bath Arms Hotel, demolished 1967.
Bedminster, East Street, Queen’s Head, now a hairdressers.
Bishop St. Portland House c1960
Broad Weir, Old Crown, demolished 1957.
Cheltenham Road, Black Horse, 1950’s, now a restaurant.
Christmas Steps, Gaiety, recently knocked through into the building next door and re-named the Three Sugar Loaves which was the pub’s name prior to 1878.
Conduit Place, St. Werburgh’s, Botany Tavern, still standing but no longer a pub.